Contact information: email@example.com
Stuvo wants to motivate students to come to the campus in a smart and sustainable way. This can be done by walking, cycling or by using public transport.
To support students several options are offered:
- Inexpensive bike rental
- An advantageous bus subscription, the “campuspas”
- Partial refund of a selection of bus or train subscriptions
The University College of Limburg is cooperating with the non-profit bike rental organization VEDO.
Bikes can be rented for an entire academic year for only 25 euro (+ 70 euro deposit). This price includes a maintenance contract, which includes 2 bike checks per year and the price of the repair of safety items. You can reserve a bike online via City-Bike.
To reserve your student bike, follow the following steps:
1. Create a new account via "new user" OR sign up if you already have an account:
- As a new user you enter your e-mail address and a password of your choice.
- Make sure you complete all required fields! (fields marked with a red asterisk)
- You will receive an email to confirm your new account. Only then can you reserve your student bicycle.
2. Select "rent a bike" on the left side of the menu bar.
3. Confirm your choice.
4. With the printed version of the lease contract you can get your student bicycle at VEDO. VEDO also repairs your bicycle at a student discount rate.
You can find this bike rental and repair shop at the following locations:
- in Diepenbeek: UHasselt, Agoralaan / building D (basement, entrance opposite Fitlink), 3590 Diepenbeek, VEDOfiets@uhasselt.be; Mon - Thu: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM / Fri: 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- in Hasselt: PXL, Vildersstraat 5, 3500 Hasselt; Tuesday and Thursday
5. Pay your rental price of € 25 and the guarantee of € 70
Public transportation by bus
The Belgian bus company is called “De Lijn”. Tickets and subscriptions are loaded onto a MOBIB card which you must scan when getting on the bus. You have to pay a five euro administration fee for this card (valid for 5 years).
- Do you want to travel by bus only in Genk, Diepenbeek or Hasselt? Then we offer an advantageous bus subscription, the “campuspas”. With this subscription you can travel by bus for only 20 euro. Your subscription will be loaded onto your MOBIB card.
Two versions of this campuspas are available, and you also can combine both:
- Travel in and between Hasselt and Diepenbeek (overview of bus stops)
- Travel in and between Genk and Diepenbeek (overview of bus stops)
You can purchase the campuspas (together with the MOBIB-card) when you register at UCLL (or later via the UCLL-intranet).
- Do you regularly travel by bus outside Genk, Diepenbeek and Hasselt? Bus company “De Lijn” offers several tickets and subscriptions depending on your travel needs (for example: Buzzy Pazz, Omnipas). Check the website for your best formula: https://www.delijn.be/en/vervoerbewijzen/
Public transportation by train
You can find ticket and subscription information, connections and itinerary info by using the online search engine of the belgian train company: https://www.belgiantrain.be/en
Partial refund of a selection of bus or train subscriptions
For a selection of subscriptions Student Services offers a partial refund. You will be refunded half of the costs incurred, with a maximum of 80 euro. The following subscriptions are eligible:
- Bus: Buzzy Pazz, Omnipas;
- Train: Student Season Ticket, Student Multi (Campus), Section Season Ticket, Half-Time Season Ticket.
You can request a refund online between March 1 and June 15 by means of a form on the website of Student Services.